Carboxymethyl Cellulose Sodium Paper Making grade CMC
1. Quick Detail :
Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) is produced by chemical modification
of cellulose, the most abundant polymer in nature and a major
component of wood and cotton.CMC acts as thickener, rheology
modifier, water retention aid, binder, dispersant, floating aid,
etc. This wide range of properties makes CMC virtually useful
everywhere water is involved in a process and more typically in
ceramics, coatings, detergency, drilling fluids, food, mining,
paper making , textiles printing.
CMC is a high-efficiency paper-making auxiliary, and features good
moisture retention, dispersiblity
2. Description :
In paper making , CMC is used in making pulp so as to improve the
retention rate and increase humidity and strength; when used in
surface sizing, CMC can improve internal adhesion, decrease
printing dust and enhance printing quality as molding reagent. In
paper coating, CMC also helps the dispersion and fluidity of paint,
improves appearance of paper and smoothness, upgrades optical
performance and printing adaptability.
·Increase the surface strength and abrasion resistance of paper
3. Applications :
CMC's application in papper-making industry
a. Pigment coating
· Control and regulate the rheology of coatings and dispersibility
of pigments .
· Get pseudoplasticity of coatings .
· Improve the moisture retention of coatings .
· Has excellent film forming property.
b. Intracytoplasm adding
· Improve jordaning efficiency, shorten pulping time .
· Regulate electric potential of pulp .
· Improve the retention rate of additives, fillers etc
c. Top sizing
· Has excellent rheology and film forming property .
· Reduce air hole on paper surface .
· Improve the brightness and gloss of paper .
· Enhance the stiffness and smoothness of paper .
· Increase the surface strength and abrasion resistance of paper
5. Competitive Advantage :